On Tuesday, the Department of Justice led by Attorney General Bill Barr made a bold move against the prison where accused pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was held before his death.

The Department of Justice announced that the warden of the jail would be temporarily reassigned and two of the prison guards on duty during the night of his death would be put on paid administrative leave.

“Today, the Attorney General directed the Bureau of Prisons to temporarily assign the warden at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York to the Bureau’s Northeast Regional Office pending the outcome of the FBI and OIG investigations into the apparent suicide of Jeffrey Epstein, a former MCC inmate,” Kerri Kupec a DOJ spokesperson said. “FCI Otisville Warden James Petrucci has been named Acting Warden of the MCC New York. The Bureau of Prisons also placed on administrative leave two MCC staff assigned to Mr. Epstein’s unit pending the outcome of the investigations. Additional actions may be taken as the circumstances warrant.”

The swift decision by the DOJ comes after several bombshell reports were released about the shocking behavior of those in charge at the jail where Epstein was being held, one of those being that Epstein was taken off suicide watch just a couple weeks after he allegedly tried killing himself.

Another shocking report came from CBS news: “On the morning of Jeffrey Epstein’s death there was shouting and shrieking from his jail cell, a source familiar with the situation told CBS News. Corrections officers attempted to revive him while saying ‘breath, Epstein, breath.'”

It gets worse. Just hours before his death, Epstein’s cellmate just happened to be moved to another cell.

Check out what the Washington Post reported:

Officers should have been checking on Epstein, who was being held in a special housing unit of the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City, every 30 minutes, and, under normal circumstances, he also should have had a cellmate, according to the person familiar with the matter and union officials representing facility employees.

But a person who had been assigned to share a cell with Epstein was transferred on Friday, and — for reasons that investigators are still exploring — he did not receive a new cellmate, the person familiar with the matter said Sunday night. That left Epstein, who had previously been placed on suicide watch, alone and unmonitored — at least in the hours before his death — by even those officers assigned to guard him.

Although Epstein is dead, Attorney General Barr has a serious message for those involved with Epstein’s criminal past.

While speaking to the National Fraternal Order of Police in New Orleans on Monday, Barr noted that those involved with Epstein’s sex trafficking case “should not rest easy” even though Epstein is dead.

“I was appalled and indeed the whole department was, and frankly angry, to learn of the Metropolitan Correctional Center’s failure to adequately secure this prison,” Barr said at the event.

“We are now learning of serious irregularities at this facility that are deeply concerning and demand a thorough investigation. The FBI and office of the inspector general are doing just that. We will get to the bottom of what happened and there will be accountability,” he noted.

“Let me assure you this case will continue on against anyone who was complicit with Epstein. Any co-conspirators should not rest easy. The victims deserve justice and they will get it,” he continued.

What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!