Ghislaine Maxwell, the socialite charged with aiding and facilitating Jeffrey Epstein’s decades long ongoing and repeated sexual abuse of girls and his farming them out to some of the world’s biggest names, agreed to a detention hearing in Manhattan.

Maxwell, who was arrested last Thursday morning in New Hampshire, waived her right to a bail hearing there in a brief video conference in federal court in Manchester on Thursday.

Patrick McMullan Archives

Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell in New York on March 15, 2005.

Photographer: Joe Schildhorn/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

“Are you waiving your right to this bail hearing?” U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrea Johnstone asked Maxwell.

“I am,” Maxwell said softly

Lawrence Vogelman, the New Hampshire lawyer Maxwell hired to defend her, declined to comment on all of the charges Maxwell is facing after the hearing. Maxwell, who was close to Epstein for decades, has in the past denied that she was involved in his acts. Now it seems she’s had an abrupt change of heart.

That, or as many are speculating, she has decided on the advice of her lawyer to come forward and name names and dates in exchange for full or partial immunity, or at the very least to take the death penalty off the table in the case as there are deaths of some of those children involved.

Maxwell, who attended Oxford, has extensive international connections and has made 15 overseas trips in the last three years to places including the United Kingdom, Japan and Qatar, prosecutors said in a court filing asking that she be held in jail citing the she is “an extreme flight risk”. They said they’ve located more than a dozen bank accounts for her, including one with a balance of more than $20 million US dollars.

Since Epstein’s arrest a year ago, Maxwell has been keeping a very low profile in New England, most recently on a 156-acre property in Bradford, New Hampshire, according to the government.

Despite what many of those elites around the world on “the list” have stated to the contrary in recent weeks, she remains in federal custody pending her transfer to Manhattan.